Disciplined Agile Experience Workshop
Download Course Details PDF
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.
Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) is an IT process decision framework for delivering sophisticated agile solutions in the enterprise. It builds on the existing proven practices from agile methods such as Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean software development, Unified Process, and Agile Modeling to include other aspects necessary for success in the enterprise. DAD fills in the gaps left by mainstream methods by providing guidance on how to effectively plan and kickstart complex projects as well as how to apply a full lifecycle approach, with lightweight milestones, effective metrics, and agile governance.
This three-day workshop is not technical and is suitable for all team members. Many group exercises reinforce the principles learned. The workshop is also valuable for management tasked with moving from traditional approaches to agile.
For each major topic in the agenda there will be instruction followed by group work. Students will work through a case study throughout the workshop so that they can discover how to apply a disciplined agile approach from end-to-end.
Class size: Ideally 10 to 15, although up to 20 if the room allows.
Classroom requirements: For the students a table layout is preferred. Ideally there should be tables of 4-6 people with sufficient space between them so that students can easily move about the room. For the instructor a screen, projector, and writing space (whiteboards or flipcharts).
- Avoid costly agile adoption mistakes by starting with a full delivery lifecycle
- Learn how all aspects of software delivery – architecture, design, testing, programming, leadership, quality assurance, data administration – come together in a cohesive whole
- Discover how to tailor your agile process to reflect the actual situation you find yourself in
- Gain hands-on experience with agile solution delivery techniques
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)
- Agile Foundations
- Forming DAD Teams
- Inception Phase: Initiating a DAD Project
- Construction Phase: Building Consumable Increments of your Solution
- Transition Phase: Releasing the Solution to your Stakeholders
- Adopting DAD
- Governing DAD Teams
- Summarizing the Workshop: A Retrospective
Audience and Certification Details
This course is designed for:
- IT practitioners new to agile who want to get an effective start at agile solution delivery
- Existing agile practitioners who want to take it to the next level
- Senior IT Management who want to gain a deep understanding of how to take a disciplined approach to agile solution delivery
- Agile practitioners who hope to grade for a Disciplined Agile Yellow Belt or Disciplined Agile Green Belt
Basic concepts of agile methods such as Scrum are useful, but not required.
The following courses are alternatives:
- Disciplined Agile Delivery for Executives: 1 day workshop gives an overview of DAD for busy senior IT professionals and IT executives.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile Delivery: 2 day workshop covering a subset of the material of this workshop. 2 day version of the workshop is appropriate for people with some agile development experience who want to learn how DAD works and will help them to improve their approach.
Call (636) 530-7776 ext 803 for private, on-site presentation